Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's Karen!

Hey there! My name is Karen Guzman, I was born and raised in the heart of South America: Cochabamba, Bolivia. I'm a Senior at UMD studying Sociology and Psychology with minors in U.S. Latino/a Studies and International Development and Conflict Management. My post graduation plans include changing the world and traveling! 

When i'm not studying, reading, or completing grad school apps you can find me writing poetry, watching documentaries, listening to Hip-Hop or blogging (Warning: There may be an excessive use of hashtags involved in my blogs, but that's ok because i'm #TooHypedAboutASBDRTrip). 

This is going to be my second trip through ASB (last year I had the privilege to go to Philly and learn more about Urban Education) and I'm extremely excited to go to the DR and to learn more about community development and social issues that are particular to the communities in the DR. I'm incredibly excited for this new experience in my life and hope you enjoy the adventure with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment