Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ain't Nobody Got Time for Titles

I cannot believe today was our last day of service! We have really gotten to know this community so well and they've become our new, unforgettable Dominican family. I'm also really proud of our AB group and all we have accomplished this week. In 4 days of service, we completed painting the entrance to the barrio, transferred two giant piles of rocks into the foundation of the houses, helped the students put on a play for their friends and family, bonded with the preschoolers in the Monetessori school, and had a bunch of other awesome adventures along the way.

Today was emotional but also a very productive day. It was really amazing to see so many people show up with enthusiasm to see the young starts perform in Little Red Riding Hood. They were clapping, cheering, laughing and video taping the whole time and I was just overwhelmed with happiness because of the huge sense of community Barrio Blanco shows.

It is going to be so hard to pack up and leave Cabarete tomorrow because it has truly been one of the most amazing, inspirational, and touching experiences I've ever had. The people I've gotten to know on this trip have taught me so much that I will definitely take back home with me. Watching the whole community smiling and waving to us as we walked out of the barrio for the last time today truly touched my heart. I will never be able to forget this incredible experience.

-Kristina   

No comments:

Post a Comment