Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Never Forget.

To start on a comical note, I realized that I have underestimated the power of sunscreen. However that is probably the only complaint I have about this extravagant adventure.  My focus is on Monday, the 18. Our group completed one wall and we were able to get some hands-on experience working with the kids. I am so humbled by every aspect of Dominican hospitality. Literally almost everyone treats us like family and the two Dominican friends of ours Otto and Oby are some of the nicest people I have ever met.
Nothing is perfect, and there are some flaws with this program. However, I have learned to take everything with a grain of salt as I know the other perspectives have legitimate issues that are being dealt with as best they can.
Lastly, the jungle tour was one of the most beautiful experiences I have ever lived to see.
- a zoo
- a boat tour of a Dominican river
- docking the boat at the beach with pavilions and a BBQ
- a bonfire at night with a dance show
I hope I never forget this experience with some amazing people.


Cyrus

No comments:

Post a Comment