Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hola! Me llamo Nathan

Hello everybody! My name is Nathan Dize (pronounced like 'size'), not that hard to figure out but you'd be surprised by some interpretations I've heard. I'm a senior French and English major at UMD. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, baking, eating bacon, and biking. One could say that I exercise to eat and drink whatever I want, and that's mostly he case.

This is my first time travelling to South America/the Caribbean, but I have travelled internationally before to Europe. I'm super excited to dive into Dominican culture, and into the Caribbean Sea for that matter. I'm writing this while in transit, so I have to admit this trip has already gotten off on the right foot, except for the fact that I forgot to pack my sweat pants. Someone must have stolen them... The caper of the missing pants will have to wait for later, but in the meantime I'm super psyched to write about my experiences on the ASB Domincan Republic trip.


Disclaimer: I'm a total language nerd and I will likely post my many mistakes and common linguistic follies as I try to navigate my first experience in a Hispaniphone country. So if you don't find it funny when I mess up and say "I'm pregnant" instead of "I'm embarassed," then you needn't go any further. Como se dice bacon?

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning from the sweet U.S. of A.! Ola

    I love the I'm pregnant reference that is funny. Also, not size

    use PRIZE instead. It sounds nicer and has no reference to gerth.

    Photo was beautiful and was purplish on my phone, don't know if that was the true color. Have fun, miss you and love you.
    Mzy

    ReplyDelete